Clinical Informatics Board Prep Course
This is a multi-module, lecture series with new modules available each week. This Board prep provides exposure to topics on the clinical informatics subspeciality board examination. Lectures highlight relevant informatics and information science principles and methodology.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of this course, the student is able to:
- Discuss advances in medical research & applications
- Recognize problems and/or use problem solving skills to address informatics issues in the clinical environment
- Identify the range of clinical decision support tools; explain how to determine which application is appropriate for specific situations; describe how to develop and implement clinical decision support tools.
- Describe the processes of developing or selecting a clinical information system, preparing and supporting clinicians for system implementation, and evaluating system effectiveness.
Target Audience: Physicians in all specialties
Accreditation Statement: The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Office of Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: The UAMS Office of Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty Disclosure of Financial Relationships: The following planners, Meredith Zozus, PhD, Nia Indelicato, M.N.O., Katrina Donovan, M.A., Tremaine Williams, M.Ed., and Robin Rogers B.A., of this activity have no financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The following planners of this activity have financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Name Commercial Interest Nature of the Relationship
- Fred Prior, PhD, Siemens AG Stocks/Bonds
- Thomas Powell, MD, MS, Meridian Group International Advisory Board Member
The speakers of this activity have no financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Commercial Support Acknowledgement: This activity does not receive commercial support.
Please follow the steps below to receive credit for watching previously recorded version of our sessions.
You will need to register for the Blackboard course through GoSignMeUP. You will need to perform the following steps.
2. Click on “Clinical Informatics Board Prep Course”
3. Enter “Biom2016” as the access code. Click the green buttons labeled “Verify” and “Add to Cart”.
4. Enter and set your login information, including a NON-UAMS email address and submit.
5. Your registration is now complete!
After registering, follow the directions below to log into the Blackboard course.
1. Go to uams.blackboard.com
2. Enter the login information you chose.
3. You have now joined us.
To receive CME credit for viewing a recorded session of this course, please make sure to complete the post-test associated with each week’s lecture. A score of at least 80% will allow you to receive credit. All CME Transcripts (proof of your attendance) can be retrieved from the Office of Continuing Education at (501) 661-7962.
Instructions for Receiving Credit
UAMS College of Medicine Office of CE Disclosure Policy
It is the policy of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Office of Continuing Education (OCE) to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all directly or jointly provided educational activities. All individuals who are in a position to control the content of the educational activity (course/activity directors, planning committee members, staff, teachers, or authors of CE) must disclose all relevant financial relationships they have with any commercial interest(s) as well as the nature of the relationship. Financial relationships of the individual’s spouse or partner must also be disclosed, if the nature of the relationship could influence the objectivity of the individual in a position to control the content of the CE. The ACCME, ANCC, and ACPE describe relevant financial relationships as those in any amount occurring within the past 12 months that create a conflict of interest. Individuals who refuse to disclose will be disqualified from participation in the development, management, presentation, or evaluation of the CE Activity.